The AY-3-8912-AVR is a fully functional replacement (pin compatible - providing both programmable sound generator and IO) for the increasingly difficult to source AY-3-8912 sound chip.
- 3 channels of tone + noise
- Bidirectional 8-bit input/output port with built-in pullup resistors
- Support for clock frequencies from 1MHz to 2MHz
- Pin compatible with the AY-3-8912
- Designed for Sinclair Spectrum(128K/+2/2A/2B/+3) and Amstrad (CPC range) computers
- Output levels closely match the AY-3-8912
- Frequency response equivalent to the AY-3-8912
Check out the audio sample to hear how it sounds!
Also available for the Sinclair Spectrum(128K/+2/2A/2B/+3) range of computers is a Turbo-Sound version (the AY-3-8912A-TS) which provides 6 channels of tone + 2 channels of noise. This is simply installed as a replacement for the existing AY-3-8912 and is compatible with software designed for a single PSG as well as programs that provide Turbo Sound audio.
Note: installation will require the removal of the existing AY-3-8912 (a socket for the replacement is recommended).