The vLA82S+ is a modern plugin replacement for the Spectrum 48K ULA (type 6C001E-7 or earlier) which combines the original vLA82 capability with the addition of an RGB video interface and AY compatible sound. It is one of several ULA replacements I have made for members of the Sinclair computer family including the vLA81 for the ZX81, the vLA128 for the Spectrum 128K (Toastrack) and +2 (Grey case) and the vLA1 for the Sinclair ZX Interface 1.
Offer includes 1 x vLA82S+ along with both internal and external RGB video interfaces.
vLA82S+ Features include:
- Plugin ULA replacement. In most cases the existing socket will be OK. Note that turned pin sockets can give problems with the narrow pins the vLA82S+ uses.
- A low profile and 40 pin DIL footprint means that the vLA82S+ is designed to fit in a ‘rubber key’ ZX Spectrum case as well as the ZX Spectrum+ enclosure.
- Provides 100% functionality of the 6C001-7 Sinclair ULA as well as supporting the higher quality video and sound enhancements.
- Passes standard ULA benchmark tests (floatspy, Brendan’s Diagnostic ROM etc.).
- Tested with an extensive suite of ZX Spectrum software.
- Compatible with lower ram replacement modules.
- Ideal for installing in an aftermarket Spectrum PCB without needing an original ULA.
- Low power consumption.
Whether you want to experience crisp RGB video and dynamic AY sound, then the vLA82S+ is exactly what you need.